SUNNYVALE, Calif, Nov. 4, 2019—Trimble (NASDAQ: TRMB) announced today the availability of Stabicad for the UK, a Revit®-based design and calculation software with functionality that improves the productivity and efficiency of mechanical engineers, contractors, and draftspersons in the UK.
From concept to installation, Stabicad provides integrated UK-compliant calculations, up-to-date manufacturer content, prefabrication and productivity tools that empower Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) professionals to work faster and create 3D mechanical constructible models.
“Trimble is streamlining workflows with tools that go beyond BIM to create constructible models that are so accurate you can build from them,” said Lawrence Smith, general manager of Trimble MEP. “With Stabicad, we have taken an established and popular product from the European market and fully localized it to support UK-specific compliance and standards, making it easy for M&E professionals to design and detail their models with a mature and experienced software that responds to their needs. Coupled with ProDesign, our electrical design software for the UK, Trimble’s engineering and drafting solutions are built to meet the needs of the M&E industry.”
Stabicad software provides a variety of key advantages to users by:
- Increasing efficiency by enabling users to create fully calculated designs directly in Revit as part of an integrated workflow rather than through the use of third-party tools
- Providing UK compliant calculations for ventilation duct sizing, wastewater pipe sizing, tap water pipe sizing as well as heating and chilled water pipe sizing
- Offering manufacturer-specific, content and Building Information Modeling (BIM) objects that are seamlessly integrated to enable users to create accurate, constructible models
- Enabling a more efficient assembly and construction phase through its provision of prefabrication tools, helping to transform designs faster into buildings
- Increasing productivity by providing tools and functions tailored specifically to the needs of M&E consultants and contractors working in Revit
- Improving communication and coordination between product stakeholders, Stabicad includes access to the Trimble Connect™ cloud-based subscription collaboration platform
Trimble MEP makes BIM a reality by delivering solutions that transform disconnected workflows between stakeholders into a coordinated, constructible, and actionable building model. To ensure a building is constructed in the most efficient way, the Trimble Constructible Process goes beyond BIM by creating models that use actual manufacturer content, facilitate prefabrication, connect stakeholders to coordinate in real-time, and connect the office to the field for automated layout and installation. This process optimizes the entire design, build and operate lifecycle.
About Trimble Buildings
Trimble Buildings provides the widest breadth of technology solutions for optimizing building design and construction projects, streamlining workplace operations and managing real estate portfolios. Trimble solutions are tailored for each phase of the building lifecycle—from the initial survey to design, construction and operation—and enable stakeholders such as architects, engineers, contractors, building managers and property owners to gain agility and insight. Trimble's broad portfolio of building construction solutions support the Constructible Process, Trimble's innovative approach to empowering disparate teams across the construction lifecycle with actionable data that improves productivity and reduces waste. For more information, visit: buildings.trimble.com.
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose-built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics. For more information about Trimble (NASDAQ:TRMB), visit: www.trimble.com.